Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tiny kitchen

After being away for a week in a mobile home on the coast with a teeny kitchen we are now back and cooking onwards although when we were away I did cook Moules marinere which I have a love hate relationship with. The last lot I ate made me really ill, though that was probably because they were cooked in scrumpy, not a good idea!
These however were luscious and plump and called to me from the wet fish counter at Waitrose.
One white onion gentle cooked in butter for 10 minutes till translucent, 1/2 bottle of dry white wine poured onto the onions and brought to the boil with black pepper. Throw in the cleaned mussels and steam in the wine for about five or six minutes. They are ready when the mussels open. Scatter with chopped parsley and eat with delicious french bread! Nom, nom, nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment